Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer of Projects: Vintage Records Frame

Another project I had fun doing involved the use of vintage 45s! My mom gave me a whole box of her old records for this! It was so much fun looking through them all! I chose the records based on their color so they would match the color scheme in our living room and on the songs... we ended up with "More than a Feeling", "Save the Last Dance for Me," "Leaving on a Jet Plane," and "Some Kind of Wonderful." 

So here's the rundown: 
I bought the square frame at Goodwill for about $3. I knew I wanted a brushed silver finish, so I bought some spray paint (I think it's made for high heat, like on grills and stuff, but it worked just fine!). I sanded down the frame, spray painted it, arranged the records, and glued them onto the matting (that was already there from the previous owner). Simple and fun! I plan to display this on a shelf that I've ordered that will go above our couch. I promise to do a post on that later on!


No comments:

Post a Comment